GETTING YOUR PROJECT STARTED
It’s easy. Send us an e-mail, or call us at (360) 282-2642.
After you let us know that you need a website, we might need to send you a questionnaire form to complete. This form gathers information about you, your company, services, audience, and more. We will review your answers and contact you to further talk about your goals and ideas for your website, as well as clear up any information on the questionnaire. We want to ensure we are on track with your design ideas.
We will use the questionnaire information to deliver a cost estimate and work outline to you. This will show the work that needs to be done together with the itemized costs. If you agree with the estimated project cost, a contract will be sent to you to sign so we can get started.
Please note that we cannot do any work without a signed contract to provide protection of your rights and our business interest. The contract will include the payment terms and will provide more specific information on what everyone may expect during the project.
If you have any graphics, photos, or logos that you want us to use for your website, send them to us. After we have developed a preliminary design, we will e-mail you a private link so you may see your website Home page and what the basic sub-page layout will be. You can then either approve it or give us changes.
Once you have approved the layout, you will need to provide us the text content for your website. As pages are completed, we will e-mail you additional private links for you to review. Once your website meets your specifications, we will upload it to a web hosting service of your choice (we can help you there, too), and your site is out there for the world to see!
All information you provide during the entire project will be kept strictly confidential and will not be released or shared with any third party, unless we are directed to by a court.
New Website Checklist
Web Designs by LAO would suggest scheduling some dedicated time to develop your game plan for your new website. Here are some things to consider:
- Identify what audience you want to target with your website.
- Collect up photos you would like to use. Make sure you have good clear high-resolution photos of your products.
- Start writing your content geared towards your audience and include the major keywords for your subject matter.
- If you have an idea of what pages you want, write them down in a column-type list. Under each column write down those things you would like to see on each particular page, such as photos, audio, video, etc.
- Since confidence in knowing your seller is crucial to online buyers, write down a good description of your company and/or yourself, and be prepared to show photos of people that are in your company.
- If you are going to be selling things, set up a listing of the items and the prices you want to charge. Write a short description of each product including any special qualities you want to showcase for that item.
Personalized web design services for home-based and small businesses, nonprofit organizations, groups, individuals, and churches.
PO Box 3956, Sequim, WA 98382
(360) 282-2642 Phone
info -at- webdesignsbylao.com
© 2019 Web Designs by LAO
All Rights Reserved